Open Heaven 2 September 2021 – It Shall Be Well
Open Heaven 2 September 2021 Topic: It Shall Be Well
MEMORISE: Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings. – Isaiah 3:10
READ: Isaiah 3:10-11 (KJV)
10 Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
11 Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverbs 5-6
Open Heaven 2 September 2021 MESSAGE:
The Almighty God whose word can never fail (Isaiah 55:11) is the One who has said we should say unto the righteous that it shall be well with them (Isaiah 3:10). The importance of any statement depends on the person speaking. God is Alpha and Omega (Revelation 2:13); He declares the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10) and nothing can change His promise that says it shall be well with a particular group of people – the righteous.
So, the question is “Are you amongst the righteous?” The first step towards becoming righteous is surrendering your life to Jesus Christ. He is the only One who can make us righteous. Romans 10:4 says:
“For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.”
Congratulations if you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior. The next step then is to remain in Him so you can produce much fruit (John 15:4-5). It indeed would be a complete mockery of the whole sacrifice of Jesus if He saved us from sin only for us to continue in it.
If you have fulfilled or made up your mind to fulfil the conditions described above, I speak the word of the Lord into your life today: it shall be well with you, in Jesus’ name.
The statement “It shall be well with you” however means different things to different people. To the poor, it means his or her wealth is guaranteed because the Lord is the One who gives power to get wealth (Deuteronomy 8:18), to the captive, it means the fellow will be delivered. Our God is the Lord of hosts. He will destroy all the forces holding such a person captive (Isaiah 49:25). To the barren, it means that the person shall conceive; He is the One able to raise children out of stones (Matthew 3:9). To the one who has been experiencing failure, it means success is coming, for God is the Great Promoter (Psalm 75:6-7).
I believe strongly that God wants to do something special for His children in this season. Remember, His word can never fail. What He has said must surely come to pass. Hold on to His word in faith and you will never be disappointed.
It shall certainly be with you, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 2 September 2021 ACTION POINT:
Thank God for making you righteous and for assuring you of a glorious tomorrow.
Open Heaven 2 September 2021 HYMN 16: Oh God Our Help In Ages Past
1. O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home.
2. Under the shadow of Thy throne
Thy saints have dwelt secure;
Sufficient is Thine arm alone,
And our defense is sure.
3. Before the hills in order stood,
Or earth received her frame,
From everlasting Thou art God,
To endless years the same.
4. Thy Word commands our flesh to dust,
“Return, ye sons of men”:
All nations rose from earth at first,
And turn to earth again.
5. A thousand ages in Thy sight
Are like an evening gone;
Short as the watch that ends the night
Before the rising sun.
6. The busy tribes of flesh and blood,
With all their lives and cares,
Are carried downwards by the flood,
And lost in foll’wing years.
7. Time, like an ever-rolling stream,
Bears all its sons away;
They fly, forgotten, as a dream
Dies at the op’ning day.
8. Like flow’ry fields the nations stand
Pleased with the morning light;
The flow’rs beneath the mower’s hand
Lie with’ring ere ’tis night.
9. O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Be Thou our guard while troubles last,
And our eternal home.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)