OPEN HEAVEN 23 APRIL 2021 – CONDITIONS FOR DIVINE BLESSINGS
OPEN HEAVEN 23 APRIL 2021 TOPIC: Conditions For Divine Blessings
MEMORISE: And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God. – Deuteronomy 28:2
READ: Genesis 27:1-4 (KJV)
1 And it came to pass, that when Isaac was old, and his eyes were dim, so that he could not see, he called Esau his eldest son, and said unto him, My son: and he said unto him, Behold, here am I.
2 And he said, Behold now, I am old, I know not the day of my death:
3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;
4 And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 12
Open Heaven 23 April 2021 MESSAGE:
Many people wish to be blessed by God and man yet have never done anything towards actualizing their desire. Some have received great prophecies which indeed were genuine but did not come to pass because of their inaction.
There are principles that guide divine blessings, the first being that you must be ready to take action. When the Lord told the children of Israel that it was time, they possessed their long-promised land, they had to take action by first conquering the inhabitants before taking control of the land that flowed with milk and honey (Joshua 1:11-15).
In Exodus 14, before the Israelites could walk on dry land in the midst of the Red Sea, they had to first move forward. That prophecy concerning you may not come to pass until you take action.
In the Scripture reading of today, Esau had to meet certain conditions before he could access his father’s blessing. The father’s blessing, whether biological or spiritual is so powerful and can only be reversed by God; this is why you must not miss it. If receiving the blessing is so great, imagine the implication of missing it. To access divine blessings, you must be ready to give. Proverbs 3:9-10 says:
“Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.”
You should always have something to give, not only to God but also to His servants; no gift is too big or too small.
Isaiah 55:10 says that God will always give seed to the sower. A seed is not to be consumed, but rather sown so that it can bring forth a harvest. As long as you sow, you will surely reap; as long as you give, you will surely receive.
I pray that at every point in your life, you will not lack seed to sow in order to access your divine blessings, in Jesus’ name.
Open Heaven 23 April 2021 PRAYER POINT:
Father, give me all it takes to access divine blessings, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 23 April 2021 HYMN 25: There Shall Be Showers Of Blessings
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.
4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)