OPEN HEAVEN 24 APRIL 2021 – GOOD SUCCESS
OPEN HEAVEN 24 APRIL 2021 TOPIC: Good Success
MEMORISE: For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. – Proverbs 1:32
READ: Joshua 1:8 (KJV)
8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 13-14
Open Heaven 24 April 2021 MESSAGE:
There is good success and there is bad success. I know this because Proverbs 10:22 say:
“The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.”
From the above, we can infer that there can be a ‘blessing’ with attendant sorrow because it is not from the Lord. This kind of success is bad. This may explain why God had to be exact in the type of success He promised in Joshua 1:8.
No one can tamper with good success that comes from God as He has assured His children of divine protection (Psalm 91). If after a breakthrough, you are afraid of calamity, perhaps the source of that ‘breakthrough’ is not God.
Genesis 26:12-14 bears record of the good success that Isaac recorded. He was so blessed that even the Philistines envied him. The secret of his good success is found in Genesis 26:2-6. We see that Isaac obeyed the Lord, stayed where God asked him to and became prosperous as a result. If you obey God all the way, good success will not be far from you.
You should pay attention to the Bible reading for today. For Joshua to have good success, God commanded him to keep the book of the law in his mouth and to also meditate therein constantly, so as to “observe to do according to” the content. James 1:25 says:
“But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer but a doer of work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.”
Thus, if you want to be blessed of the Lord and obtain good success this season, you must be a doer of God’s word.
Open Heaven 24 April 2021 PRAYER POINT:
Father, please grant me good success in all my endeavours this year, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 24 April 2021 HYMN 10: I’m Pressing On The Upward Way
1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I’m onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith, on Heaven’s tableland,
A higher plane than I have found;
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
2. My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where those abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.
3. I want to live above the world,
Though Satan’s darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught the joyful sound,
The song of saints on higher ground.
4. I want to scale the utmost height
And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I’ll pray till heav’n I’ve found,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)