OPEN HEAVEN 25 MAY 2021 – ETERNAL INVESTMENTS
OPEN HEAVEN 25 MAY 2021 TOPIC: Eternal Investments
MEMORISE: And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed him. – Luke 5:11
READ: Mark 10:28-30 (KJV)
28 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel’s,
30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 18-19
Open Heaven 25 May 2021 MESSAGE:
When God calls anyone to do His work, there is always glory ahead for such a fellow. Elisha forsook the flourishing farm business of his father, and God made him a national figure, such that kings called him “Father” (2 kings 6:21). In the Bible reading of today, Jesus assured His disciples that their sacrifice would be rewarded a hundredfold here on earth and they would enjoy eternal life in Heaven. Our God is not a debtor.
When God called me to work on a full-time basis, I had to leave the University campus where I had been living in a duplex, for a very small apartment in Lagos, Nigeria. The new apartment was too small for my family and me, so I asked God for a bigger house. The Lord then told me He was preparing a city for me. Today, the Redemption camp is the beginning of the fulfilment of the promised city. I am still awaiting the city, because my Father in Heaven said that we have not seen anything yet. Jesus said in Mark 10:29-30:
“…Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel’s, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.”
Whenever God wants to bless an individual, He would typically ask the fellow for a unique sacrifice. When God wanted to bless Abraham, He set him up by requesting his only son – Isaac, as a burnt sacrifice. Abraham proved his love for God by obeying. God preserved his son and also swore to bless him so much that through him, the families of the earth would be blessed. Abraham was not only blessed; he became a blessing (Genesis 22:15-18). Similarly, the widow of Zarephath gave all to gain all and her family was fed throughout three and half years of famine.
The principle still works to date. If only you would surrender everything to God. Sacrificial obedience as displayed by Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, Easter and other great Bible saints, is an eternal investment. As you follow suit today, you will always have more than you bargain for, and more than you can ever imagine, in Jesus’ name.
Open Heaven 25 May 2021 ACTION POINT:
What is it that God is requesting from you? Offer it to Him and you will receive pleasant surprises.
Open Heaven 25 May 2021 HYMN 24: Take My Life And Let It Be
1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.
2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)