OPEN HEAVEN 29 MAY 2021 – THE KEY TO LONG LIFE AND PROSPERITY
OPEN HEAVEN 29 MAY 2021 TOPIC: The Key To Long Life And Prosperity
MEMORISE: Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. – Ephesians 6:1
READ: Ephesians 6:1-3 (KJV)
1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Titus 1-3
Open Heaven 29 May 2021 MESSAGE:
Everybody keeps hoping that his or her tomorrow will be glorious and of course would not want to die before it manifests. Ecclesiastes 9:4 says a living dog is better than a dead lion. In the scriptural passage of today, apart from the word of God saying that it is the right thing to obey our parents (both biological and spiritual), it goes further to announce the rewards of doing so. Of all the commandments God gave to humankind, it is the first with promises. Promises of what? Promises of long life and prosperity. The Bible says in Psalm 119:101:
“I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.”
This is the reason everyone must not only read but meditate on the word of God, in order to do the things that are written therein. The Bible in Joshua 1:8 says:
“This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”
It is blessed to live our lives according to the word of God. We will not miss our blessing; failure, frustration and death will be far from us if we choose to live in the fear of the Lord. The Bible says:
“The fear of the Lord tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.” – Proverbs 19:23
Also, the word of God says:
“By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.” – Proverbs 22:4
Beloved, it is our time to experience astonishing prosperity with long life – the prosperity that does not kill. Let us obey our biological parents as they teach us in the way of the Lord. Also, let us obey our spiritual parents as they feed us with the undiluted word of God. God will then step in by fulfilling His promises and all shall be well in Jesus’ name.
Open Heaven 29 May 2021 ACTION POINT:
Ensure you read the Bible in One Year directives as found in this devotional.
Open Heaven 29 May 2021 Hymn 3: Be Glad In The Lord And Rejoice
1. Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice,
All ye that are upright in heart;
And ye that have made Him your choice,
Bid sadness and sorrow depart.
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice;
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice.
2. Be joyful, for He is the Lord
On earth and in Heaven supreme;
He fashions and rules by His word—
The “Mighty” and “Strong” to redeem.
3. What though in the conflict for right
Your enemies almost prevail?
God’s armies, just hid from your sight,
Are more than the foes which assail.
4. Though darkness surround you by day,
Your sky by the night be o’ercast,
Let nothing your spirit dismay,
But trust till the danger is past.
5. Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice,
His praises proclaiming in song;
Let gratefulness give all a voice,
The loud hallelujahs prolong!
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)