DCLM Daily Manna 1 August 2022 — Verifiable Truth
DCLM Daily Manna 1 August 2022 Devotional by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi — Verifiable Truth
Click HERE for Previous DCLM Daily Manna by Pastor Kumuyi
TOPIC: Verifiable Truth (DCLM Daily Manna 1 August 2022)
TEXT: 1 Timothy 1:12-19 (KJV)
12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
18 This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;
19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:
KEY VERSE: “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.” (1 Timothy 1:15)
DCLM Daily Manna For Today MESSAGE:
Two healthy and active twin sisters were born in Britain in 2005. The difference between them was visible in their skin colour. One of them was black with curly black hair while the other was blond and fair skinned. They were simply black and white babies! Their parents had no fertility issues and there was no child switching at the birth hospital. Geneticists were baffled and queried how it came about. But with God, nothing is impossible.
Apostle Paul was never tired of sharing the miraculous story of his gracious conversion. He admitted by his own confession that he was once “a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but [he] obtained mercy, because [he] did it ignorantly in unbelief.” His encounter with the Lord on the way to Damascus led to his repentance and conversion.
Also Read: DCLM Daily Manna 31 July 2022 — Growth Through Diligence
Paul’s undeniable salvation is an affirmation and a pattern to those who should thereafter believe on Jesus for eternal life. We understand by his testimony that there is no one that God cannot transform, even the vilest sinner.
Today, the transforming power of grace still works wonders in the lives of those who would believe in Christ for redemption. For “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). If you will come, He will receive and empower you to live a life that is pleasing to God.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Grace turns the vilest sinner into a saint.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
- Pray for all the religious unconverted church members to be assisted by God to experience this unforgettable experience of salvation.
- Ask God to decorate your life with exceeding and increasing abundant faith, love and grace.
- Pray for increasing understanding that will always see and seize the blessings in all travails and challenges.
- Ask God to train you up as a better soldier for Christ.
HYMN: The day I will never forget
DCLM Daily Manna was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)