1. ‘Tis finished! The messiah dies;
Cut off for sins, but not His own:
Accomplished is the sacrifice,
The great redeeming work is done.
2. ‘Tis finished! All the debt in paid;
Justice divine is satisfied:
The grand and full atonement made;
God for a guilty world hath died.
3. The veil is rent in Christ alone;
The living way to heaven is seen:
The middle wall is broken down;
And all mankind may enter in.
4. The types and figures are fulfilled;
Exacted is the legal pain:
The precious promises are sealed;
The spotless lamb of God is slain.
5. The reign of sin and death is o’er;
And all may live from sin set free:
Satan hath lost his mortal power;
‘Tis swallowed up in victory.
6. Saved from the legal curse I am;
My Saviour hangs on yonder tree:
See there the meek, expiring Lamb!
‘Tis finished! He expires for me.
7. Accepted in the well-beloved;
And clothed in righteousness divine:
I see the bar to heaven removed;
And all thy merits, Lord, are mine.
8. Death, hell, and sin are now subdued;
All grace is now to sinners given:
And lo, I plead the atoning blood,
And in Thy right I claim thy heaven.