1. Lord, speak to me, that I may speak
In living echoes of thy tone;
As Thou hast sought, so let me seek
Thy erring children lost and lone.
2. Oh, lead me, Lord, that I may lead
The wandering and the wavering feet;
O, feed me, Lord, that I may feed
Thy hungering ones with manna sweet.
3 Oh, strengthen me, that while I stand
Firm on the Rock, and strong in Thee,
I may stretch out a loving hand
To wrestlers with the troubled sea.
4. Oh, teach me, Lord, that I may teach
The precious things Thou dost impart;
And wing my words, that they may reach
The hidden depths of many a heart.
5. Oh, give Thine won sweet rest to me,
That I may speak with soothing power
A word in season, as from Thee,
To weary ones in needful hour.
6. Oh, fill me with Thy fullness, Lord,
Until my very heart o’erflow
In kindling thought, and glowing word,
Thy love to tell, Thy praise to show.
7. Oh use me, Lord, use even me,
Just as Thou wilt, and how, and where;
Until Thy blessed face I see,
Thy rest, Thy joy, Thy glory share.