95. COME, SAVIOUR JESUS FROM ABOVE
1. Come, Saviour, Jesus, from above!
Assist me with Thy heavenly grace;
Empty my heart of earthly love,
And for Thyself prepare the place.
2. O let Thy sacred presence fill,
And set my longing spirit free!
Which pants to have no other will,
But day and night to feast on thee.
3. While in this region here below,
No other good will I pursue;
I’ll bid this world of noise and show,
With all its glittering snares, adieu!
4. That path with humble speed I’ll seek,
In which my saviour’s footsteps shine;
Nor will I hear, nor will I speak,
Of any other love but thine.
5. Henceforth may no profane delight
Divide this consecrated soul;
Possess it Thou, who hast the right
As Lord and Master of the whole.
6. Wealth, honour, pleasure, and what else,
This short-enduring world can give,
Tempt as ye will, my soul repels,
To Christ alone resolved to live.
7. Thee I can love, and Thee alone,
With pure delight and inward bliss:
To know thou tak’st me for Thine own,
O what a happiness is this!
8. Nothing on earth do I desire
But Thy pure love within my breast:
This, only this, will I require,
And freely give up all the rest.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)